Monday, August 19, 2013

Map It To Remember It

I like visuals.  They can convey a lot of information at a glance.  They usually allow you to also put that info or data in context.  Maps are like that.  I still like an old fashioned map anytime over the digital versions you get today.

Neuroscience research also indicates that visuals have six times the recall within the brain as written or spoken words do.

A loyal BeeLine reader (thanks to JWA) sent me this link to a collection of 40 interesting maps that will help you make sense of the world from TwistedSister.com.

Below you will see a few of the info maps that I found most interesting.  Check out the link above for entire selection.



Countries That Do Not Use The  Metric System
I guess that it goes without saying that the United States is a little out of sync on this one.




The Only 22 Countries In The World Britain Has Not Invaded
I guess that they didn't call it the British Empire for the heck of it.  In addition to the above, Britain also did not invade Sao Tome and Principe which are not shown on the map.  That is news to me. I didn't even know they were countries!




Paid Maternal Leave Around The World
Another issue where the United States seems to be out of sync.  Will declining birth rates cause a change of thinking on this policy at some point?  See my earlier post, "What To Expect When No One's Expecting".




Worldwide Driving Orientation By Country
The United States is "right" on left side driving based on this graphic.



Visualizing Global Population Density
That is a lot of mouths to feed and house in a relatively small area of the world.




U.S. Map of the Highest Paid Public Employees by State
After all, with sports the wins and losses are there for every one to see. Not as easy with other state employees.




World Map Tattoo With Countries Visited Colored

My only question on this one...Is there a crack in middle of the ice cap on Antarctica?

No comments:

Post a Comment