Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Relatively Short Post

One of my favorite quotes is by Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) who wrote to a friend...
"I didn't have the time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead."
He was so right.  It is much more challenging to write or say something in a succinct and concise manner than in long form.

That is why I enjoy good quotes when I can find them.  The really good ones convey a lot in just a few words.  You don't need volumes to impart wisdom if it is done right.

From my experience the best quotes seem to come from what I consider to be some of the smartest people in history.  Perhaps that is why they were considered so smart.  They conveyed a lot in a few words.  People like Jefferson, Franklin, Edison, Churchill and Einstein.

These are a few quotes from Albert Einstein I came across this week that demonstrate that he was much more than a great scientist.

Consider these quotes which would all qualify for my Quotation Hall of Fame.

"What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right."
"We can't solve our problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself."  
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." 
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." 
"The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax." 
"When the solution is simple, God is answering."  

Credit: Time Magazine

One more on the theory of relativity as explained by Einstein...
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second.  When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour.  That's relativity."
I hope that it seems like only a second ago that you started reading this BeeLine post.

No comments:

Post a Comment