Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 in Pictures

I enjoy viewing great photography and I have occasionally posted blog posts highlighting some great images. Here is an example I posted back in 2012.

I am not a photographer. I don't have any fancy equipment. My compact camera is at least a decade old and I rarely use it. It is much more convenient to use my iPhone to take my shot.

I am not alone. This graph shows the rise and fall in camera production over the years. Camera sales are only 1/6 of what they were ten years ago.




The orange lines represent smartphone sales. There is not enough room on your computer screen to show the 1.7 billion smartphone units (with a camera) that were manufactured in 2016. The scale of the graph stops at 120 million.

That works out to about 85 smartphones sold last year for every single camera.

I thought in order to close out 2017 I would post some of my favorite images that were taken on my phone during the year. These photos may not end up in any coffee table books but they will give you a sense of my travels this past year and the great beauty there is in God's creation no matter where you are in this world.


Hilton Head Island, SC

Miramar Beach, FL


Stonehenge


The Players Championship
17th Hole
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL



Dublin, Ireland


Cobh, Ireland at sunrise




Northern Ireland
Note for Golfers: 2019 British Open is going to be played at Royal Portrush Golf Club which is just beyond this castle in the green area in upper right portion of this photo.



St. Andrews Golf Club
Scotland



Normandy American Cemetery
France


Lisbon, Portugal



Bermuda



Boise, Idaho



December Sunset
Cincinnati, Ohio

It is not easy finding the time to write when I have these scenes to take in. I continue my writing due to the many kind words I receive from you. Thanks for reading BeeLine. I sincerely appreciate it.

All the best to you and yours in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment