Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Best of BeeLine-Vol 1

BeeLine is approaching its first anniversary.  In 185 blog posts during the year I have learned a lot and I hope I have given you a shorter route to what you truly need to know.  I never thought I would have enough material for 185 posts when I started BeeLine.  However, our governmental budget issues has provided more than enough material this year.  Of course, along the way I have also written about tiger moms, lightning bugs, long term bonds, jump ropes, jobs and much, much more.

If you are new to BeeLine or were just too busy, I have compiled the top 5 Best of Beeline posts for 2011 based on reader views.  These were the posts that more people read than any others during the year.  This most likely was the result of these posts being passed along the world wide web through Facebook or other referrals.  What better review than that?

I will follow up later this week with The Best of BeeLine-Vol 2 which will list my personal favorites of the year.

Here are the Reader's Choices for The Best of Beeline 2011.

A Tornado Tale
50 years ago a tornado destroyed the home I was in.  I survived to write BeeLine.  This is my story of that fateful day.

Confounding Compounding Chronicles
Compound interest is the most powerful force on earth.  If you do not believe it, read the best stories I know about compounding returns.  You will be a believer and you will also understand even better why our federal debt must be controlled...and very soon.  We are compounding are problems daily.

The United States of Redistribution
In 1945, less than 3% of federal spending was in payments to individuals. Today it is 66.2%.  The primary purpose of the federal government has become taking money from one person to give to another.
Is this what the Founding Fathers had in mind?

Where Do I Find a Ten-Bagger?
11 stocks increased more than 10-fold in the two years ending December 31, 2010. What did they have in common?  What lessons can be learned for your own investments?

How Progressive Do We Want To Be?
We seem to be hearing lately that the rich are not paying their fair share.  Who determines what is fair?  See how the United States compares to other countries in taxing the rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment