Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Beliefs Drive Behavior

Almost everyone I speak to in my generation is confused.

The common refrain is "what has happened to the United States of America?

For those who grew up in a different era it almost feels as if we are living on a different planet

I have a friend who often says "Beliefs drive behavior."

What are the beliefs and values that Americans say are very important to them today?

Compare the responses on this recent WSJ/NORC poll between 1998 and today,

A lot has changed on what Americans value in the last 25 years.



What more does one need to consider on why we are where we are today?

Patriotism? Who cares?

Religion? I don't need it.

Children? A complete nuisance that keeps me from doing what I want to do.

Money is more important now than all three.

It was not even half as important as these other values and beliefs a generation ago.

Beliefs drive behavior.

We are living it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment